Wednesday, October 12, 2011

As The World Turns

As the world turns and people go about their daily lives I can't help but consider the wonderful place that is Michigan this week.  Wonderful because well it always is but especially this week if you are a sports fan.  This past Monday the Lions won to go 5-0 for the first time since 1956.  That is before the first Super Bowl and well before any of the current players were born.  The Lions hosted the Bears on Monday Night Football for the first time in 10 years.  What makes this week wonderful is that they are home against the 49ers this coming Sunday too.

I just got done watching the Tigers win game three of the ALCS.  With the win that means that three games will be played in Detroit over the course of the next week.

Last but not least we arrive at the college football scene.  This week also brings us Michigan vs. Michigan State.  As a fan of the good school I look forward to this and have since childhood.  As a young boy my siblings and I actually were forced to wear green for the family picture one year. This upset us because that was Michigan States color and we hated them.  Even though Marlene likes green I don't hold that against her.

So this week as the leaves change I miss Michigan.  I would love to sit with a cold Vernors and watch my hometown teams on the biggest stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment